Sunday, 6 August 2017

Journey to debt freedom




My goodness, it's been a while hasn't it!   A lot of things have happened over the past couple of years where I've made only a sporadic appearance in my little corner of the internet at this here blog, but October 2016 is where I'll begin from. 

In October 2016 we officially got sick and tired of being sick and tired with our finances and began working to Dave Ramsey's 7 step baby plan.

In December 2016 we completed Step 1 which was to build a small (baby) emergency fund and January 2017 saw us begin our first month of working towards Baby Step 2.  

Baby Step 2 is to clear all debt (except mortgage) and our goal is to become debt free by January 2019.

This is going to be a record of our journey to getting there.

Every journey has a beginning and this is where we began:  



2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're here!

    I love Dave Ramsey, I was an avid listener of his when we were getting out of debt and I still stick the show on every now and then for a bit of a boost. Best of luck, and really looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness you're still here! Hello! How are you doing? Thank you so much for your comment from a few weeks ago (I missed it within all the spam). I confess to listening to DR most days to keep my motivated - only wish I'd discovered him sooner than I did! x

      Delete